With the changing season comes the dreaded changing of the skin. The perfect thing to help combat the cold weather blues is pumpkin! Now, not just great in a latte. It also has a ton of great benefits for your skin.
Pumpkin is packed with fruit enzymes and alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs), which increase cell turnover, to brighten and smooth the skin.
- Pumpkin contains antioxidant Vitamin A and Vitamin C to help soften and soothe the skin and boost collagen production to prevent the signs of aging.
- Zinc in pumpkin seeds is brilliant for acne sufferers. Zinc will help control the hormone level and oil production, as well as assist with healing of the skin.
- Pumpkin seeds are high in essential fatty acids and Vitamin E, which are necessary to maintain good barrier function of the skin. They also regulate sebum, great for an oily skin.
- The molecular structure of pumpkin is small and therefore can penetrate deeper into the skin when used topically. This is amazing for treating a dull complexion, aging skin and pigmentation.
Due to the many benefits pumpkin has, it is easy to find in advanced, professional skin care today. There are exfoliants containing pumpkin ferment that help to brighten skin and remove pigmented cells. Pumpkin is used in formulations as a spot treatment or all over to brighten and even skin tone.
For the best results this season, it’s simple – target skin with products containing pumpkin!
Have we convinced you yet?
Try our pumpkin treatments
PCA: The Pumpkin Peel Treatment simultaneously exfoliates and draws impurities out of the skin while introducing vitamins, enzymes, and nutrients into the skin. This treatment is also ideal for smoothing the skin, as the naturally occurring salicylic acid and enzymes in pumpkin remove the dead surface cells that cause rough texture. The Skin will have a healthy glow following treatment
The low down on our fall special “Pumpkin facial”
H2T 30% AHA formula adds Lactic Acid, White Willow Bark (chamomile or yarrow derived extraction)
- – Binds Moisture to the skin
- – Exfoliates surface cells
- – Softens the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- – Improves texture and pliability of the corneum layer
- – Helps drive highly refined extracted ingredients that have been added to H2T Pumpkin Peel (anti-oxidants, vitamins & Nutrients) into the skin
- – Provides for the perfect extraction opportunity
- – Successful in destroying surface bacteria
- – Pre-conditions (prepares) skin for more aggressive treatments
- – Combines for the perfect micro-exfoliation service
- – Replaces mechanical scrubs
- – Can take the place of Glycolic & Lactic Acid treatments
- – Help lighten hyper-pigmentation
For more information about the products we use in the “Pumpkin Spice Treat” check out the blog post here!