Symptoms of Poor Digestion
- Food Sensitivities
- Coated tongue
- Floating stool
- Undigested food in stool
- Abdominal bloating
- Yeast Infections
- Acid reflux
- Any Skin Problems
Tips for Staying Healthy and Optimizing Digestion & Great Skin
1. Drink plenty of filtered water, not distilled water.
2. Eat real, nutrient dense, whole foods. It’s best to get vitamins and minerals from a food source where they are easily assimilated with good digestion. Supplements aren’t a miracle and can’t replace an unhealthy diet.
3. Sit down at the table and eat in a relaxed environment. No multitasking. Use mindful eating. There is a lot of wisdom to the idea of family dinners and giving thanks before a meal because it is very helpful in preparing the body to accept nourishment.
4. Chew until the food is liquid. Give the
5. Use digestive aids such as lemon water, bitters or apple cider vinegar 15 minutes before meals. Supplemental HCL can be used for low stomach acid indicated with symptoms of heartburn. Digestive enzymes can offer additional digestive support.
6. Eliminate food sensitivities and heal the gut with supplements, herbs, teas, bone broth, and cabbage water.
7. Support the large intestine by eating a diet low in sugar and processed foods. Use probiotics to repopulate the good bacteria. Eat fermented foods such as sauerkraut, kefir, and Kombucha.
8. Get plenty of healthy fats in your diet such as coconut oil, olive oil, flax seed oil, grass fed butter, and fish oil. Stay away from trans fats and hydrogenated fats such as
Shawna Esparza Licensed Esthetician and graduate of the Nutritional Therapy Association.
She specializes in helping people identify the root cause of their skin conditions such as acne and rosacea. Internal health is just as important as external maintenance in achieving healthy skin. Studies now show that diet, hydration, fats/minerals balance, stress, and poor sleep; can all effect the health and appearance of skin. Shawna will do an in depth assessment and give you some answers into why your skin may not be looking it’s best. She will then work with you to develop a complete plan that will help you get the radiant skin you deserve. $95/1 hour.